Thursday, October 3, 2013

This Time It's a No


     October is here! And the campus-wide literature conference is coming up, which means the deadline for the creative writing contest looms near. Why do I only have one new poem and a mini-story/scene? Not knowing what to write is part of it, but mostly I haven't had time. Really! I think of my homework as a train that picks me up on Monday and rockets through the week to Friday, letting me off at Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday just long enough to go to class and a couple of events like cultural coffeehouse and creative writing club. I could use a little bit less homework and a little more time management.

✥ four of my lovely birthday presents ✥

      In her book I Dare You: Embrace Life With Passion, Joyce Myer says that being busy isn't always the same as being productive. We have to learn to focus our energy on the things that really matter and learn to say no to the things that may be good in and of themselves but, with the time and resources that we have, will weigh us down.
 Today I said yes to:
✔ dressing for success
✔studying
✔ having my Bible time
✔ going to class
✔ working out
✔ having a relaxing time during lunch
✔ taking a nap
✔ blogging ♥

And I'm saying no to:
✂ a Bible study+free dinner
✂ a social dance society dance

     See, those are two good things that I plan to say yes to next week, but this time it's a no (hey, does that phrase sound familiar, X-Factor fans? imagine it in a Gary Barlow voice...).

How do you manage your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment