Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Poetry: October

     Reading poetry in front of an audience was somehow different from making speeches in public speaking class. My hands almost didn't shake, and I actually enjoyed it. I felt like I was telling my poems they were at last really ready to go out into the world. Which is really providential, since it wasn't until six a.m. the morning of the literature conference that I finished writing 2 of the 3 poems I read.

      Interesting fact: I learned in American Lit II today that there is no such thing as silent reading. Even when your lips aren't moving, your larynx is vibrating.

       With that in mind...

As for NaNoWriMo, I decided I'd rather try and fail than not even try simply because I'm afraid I might fail. I'm not off to a great start, I'm at zero words right now, but I'm not going to freak out.  I created my writing space, I'm getting solid pre-writing done, and I have a Saturday on which to novelthon. Besides, nothing's impossible, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment