Monday, April 14, 2014

Enemy Friend

       I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and I'd like to file a complain about cheesy dialogue ("Can any of you boys direct me to the Smithsonian? I'm here to pick up a fossil" --Agent Romanov). But that is a subject for another post.

       What I want to say is that I love books and movies that make me cry.

        Near the end, Rogers (Captain America) has a faceoff with the enemy, a hired assassin with a mechanical arm. He is known as the Winter Soldier, but more importantly he is Roger's best friend from the war, only brainwashed and transformed into a cold-blooded killer.
          In this scene, Rogers throws away his shield. "I won't fight you," he says to the Soldier, who just put two bullet holes in his body. "You're my friend."
        "You're my mission!" the Soldier replies.
         "Then finish it."
         The Soldier attacks. He lays punch after punch, but Rogers doesn't fight back. Bruised, cut, bleeding, broken, and with one eye swollen, Rogers says, "Cause I'm with you till the end of the line."

       

I don't know about you, but it reminded me of someone else who called his enemy friend and took all the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment