Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rough-Cut Pages and Pencil-Sketch Illustrations

    Here's the book I most recently bought. Kenny & the Dragon, by Tony DiTerlizzi. It's the first I've gotten in a long time (it was $8 at the Scholastic book fair). This is a children's book about a rabbit who lives on a farm and likes reading better than farm work. That's as much as I know so far.


   I was attracted to this book by it's beautiful cover first. Really, books should all be hardcover. And they should all have pencil-sketch illustrations and off-white, rough-cut pages with nice, ink-ish-looking text. Tale of Despereaux (although it's soft cover) has this same kind of style, and it's my dream binding for my Wynna story.
   So. I better get to writing. I have to finish my short story before I can work on Wynna, because my critique date is April 30th, and I still have character-sketching and world-building to do, maps to draw, and dozens of pages left to write!


Progress: ~6 pages


No comments:

Post a Comment