Saturday, May 18, 2013

Ghost-Writing Revisited: Point of View

      A while ago I wrote a post about ghost writingI'm still not sure how I feel about it, but just this past week I found myself working on a ghost-project.  I did it this once as a favor for some friends. As far as I can remember, I always write main characters who are a lot like me but imbued with the good qualities I lack. But for the ghost-project I wrote in a male, first-person voice. It felt really strange, and it was kind of hard. I never write stories with male main characters! I think it turned out pretty well, though, and it was a good exercise.

So, if you want to challenge yourself, try this: write a first person letter directed to anyone but written from the perspective of someone totally unlike you (Opposite gender, opposite end of the age range, opposite personality, etc.).

*Free photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment