Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Favorite Quotes+An Answer

     My recent two favorite quotes are both from period dramas. The first is from Wives and Daughters.

"I'm not saying she's very silly, but one of us was silly, and it wasn't me." --Squire Hambley

Especially when said in a completely matter-of-fact tone, I just think that's hilarious. I had to rewind and listen to it again when I heard it the first time.


The second quote is from Downton. What a fun use of the word "jolly!"

     "Have you done something jolly with your hair?" --Sir Anthony Strallan to Edith

     On a side note, do you remember my laments about hating to write but loving to have written? Well I found an answer in the form a post on The Write Practice. How to Fall in Love With Writing Again. Check it out!

What is your favorite period drama quote?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm dying over the jolly hair one!!! Both of these are super useful in daily life.

    ReplyDelete