Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Snippet: O'Donnell

    Well, for a number of reasons, the least of which was procrastination, I did not get a post up on Saturday. But I'm back with a snippet from my latest short story. It's a historical fiction piece that grew from a writing prompt (Day 16 of a 30-Day Creative Writing Challenge).
      I've been wanting to incorporate another culture into my writing for a long time, and thanks to Downton, the winner is: Ireland! "O'Donnell" (working title--I'm taking suggestions) is about an Irishman from Dundalk and an American from Oklahoma both waiting for treatment in a make-shift church hospital. It takes place in Holland in June of 1944. Click on the title below to read and enjoy!

"O'Donnell" (excerpt)


     (Dear Irish readers: please tell me if I have any glaring inaccuracies on any point concerning O'Donnell.)


2 comments:

  1. Where is the rest of the story? I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent it off to get a second opinion, so once I have those comments back and get it polished it up, I will post it!

      Delete