Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Traditional msiri Recipe


Ingredients
milk
honey
cinnamon
ginger

Directions
1. Fill a tea or coffee mug with milk and microwave until hot (1 min 35 seconds in my microwave)
2. Add a spoonful of honey and the spices
3. Stir and enjoy

The spices don't mix very well, as you can see.

      With the snow and freezing rain forecasted for tonight, I'm sure we could all use a warm beverage, and msiri is simple enough that "anyone with the use of their limbs…" (quote Mrs. Patmore) could make it.  But the real reason I posted the recipe was in case anyone wants to try a Dorinthian drink! It's what King Durim, Princess Lili, and Wynna have while they talk in the palace gardens, partway through the tale.
     
       My most quotable English professor started eating onion sandwiches because of Ernest Hemingway's character Nick, in Big Two-Hearted River. Yesterday, my brother ate a macaroni-cheese and ketchup sandwich to test out Slim's (Hank the Cowdog, John R. Erickson) idea. I'm sure msiri is much tastier than either sandwich, but it just goes to show that stories inspire people.

Share your book recipes in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment