Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pootling

The "Lazy River"


       I love learning British-isms. Last week at our Bible study we were talking about going to the "lazy river" together. Agent B. (whose house we meet at) said we'd go there sometime in the afternoon, spend of an hour or two pootling in the river, and then...but that was all I heard.
       "What-ing in the river?" I asked. "Poogling?"
       "Pootling," Agent said, entertained by my amusement.
       For the next few minutes I was dying laughing. Pootling! What a funny word to describe bobbing around in the water and sort of swimming. I repeated it to myself and laughed out loud all the way home.

       That was last Wednesday. I think I can finally say it without getting tears in my eyes.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I've never even heard 'pootling' before. How hilar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, poor Agent B. I hope he wasn't embarrassed being lighted at so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He thought it was funny, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he just laughed because he thought it was so funny that Erika loved the word so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I appeared! I never knew of such a word- it's a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, there! I shoulda known you would appear on a funny-word blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know me and my tinkling funny bone about your usage of language!

    ReplyDelete