Sunday, September 30, 2012

If I Were the Queen

   My dream library is the one in Beauty and the Beast, inside Beast's castle! Besides all the leather bound books row after row and shelf after shelf, I love the soaring ceiling, the huge window and sweeping red curtain, the blue walls and the gleaming brass handrails on the curving staircases. If I were the queen I would have that library, and I'd have lots of servants to dust the shelves everyday and make sure there were no paper mites. And I would have other servants to read the books and make sure there were only fun ones. I would zoom around on a rolly ladder like in Belle's village library, and I would read and read and read....
   And if I were not the queen but still had lots of money, I would have a home library built that looks like this (but maybe minus the magic eye rug). It's less grand but super cozy and beautiful. I also love the idea of a window seat between shelves that I found on this website. What a grand daydream!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea to have a curtain in front of the shelves to fend off the dust. The Jane Eyer style window seat looks super cosy! (You need lots of cushions there.)

    ReplyDelete