Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NaNoWriMo Winner

   

  
     Yay! I did it!
    "Winner" means that I achieved my goal by writing at least 50,000 words between November 1st and 30th. 
     I'm going to celebrate, once Christmas break starts, by sleeping. I've got two busy weeks of school left before then. Speaking of which, here's a funny poem to brighten your day:

For a Student Sleeping in a Poetry Workshop by David Wagoner : Poetry Magazine

     50,625 is a BIG step in the process, but Wynna: Dragon Rider, my NaNo novella, is still in its earliest beginnings. Even with 50k+ words down, I'm only at the climax of Act II in my plot outline. That means I have 50-100 more pages to indulge in before my first draft is finished.

     In the meantime, here are a few things I learned from NaNoWriMo:


1)  don't be afraid--set high goals!
2) I do have time for writing (only it might be at 1:00 in the morning, or instead of hanging out with friends)

Free photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net

     Just a few posts ago I said how afraid I was to commit to doing NaNo. It seemed impossible. But it wasn't! (Sometime I will have to tell you more about writing down 7 impossible things before breakfast.)

⚔⚜♘♚     ⚔⚜♘♚      ⚔⚜♘♚      ⚔⚜♘♚      ⚔⚜♘♚      ⚔⚜♘♚       ⚔⚜♘♚      ⚔⚜♘♚

The Creed of the King's Rider

I, Wynna Braunhatte,
loyal subject
and Rider under the Starry Sky,
member of the Winged  Patrol,
swear to carry out the duties required of me
with all my might,
and to faithfully serve the crown and every true subject
of the good nation of Dorinth
with—at all times
a truthful tongue,
in every judgment compassion,
if need be sacrifice,
and above all else,
honor.

6 comments:

  1. I wish Wynna was the president of US of A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she can in her spare time, when she's not fighting Coal Lizards, giving advice to the king, or spending time with the princess!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love Wynna's Creed! It's so glorious! But when on earth did she become a warrior? I thought she was a schoolgirl who was constantly bullied by weird people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you like the creed!
      She used to be a bullied schoolgirl, but she became brave, and then after six years of dragon school, Wynna graduated and enlisted in the king's new 10-member air guard.

      Delete
    2. Wow, I just now saw this. I love Wynna's progression of bravery! However... now the Wynna films have taken a difficult-to-produce turn. I guess Tauntaun will have to become a versatile star...

      Delete
    3. Do you? Yay!
      Hahaha, yes--it's upgraded. I forgot about Tauntaun's debut! If Wynna becomes a movie, I want the people who made Smaug to do the CGI work 8]

      Delete