Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Song of the Cold Sea

     One English Literature II semester project required that we pick a poem from the syllabus and use it as a springboard to something new. Some of my classmates wrote parody poems, others made paintings. I decided to arrange Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem "Break, Break, Break" to music. I did the piano/voice/recording/mixing, and that's my sister playing the violin. This song was a lot of work--I'm so thankful for the snow days and deadline extension that let me finish it! Time is a great gift.
Here is:

made on Apple GarageBand
Free image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net


2 comments:

  1. WAHHHhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa you are so super!!!! I tweeted this like mad. This is such a fabulously moody song! Exactly as the title! I'm sure Tennyson would be well pleased. Your singing is great! And R's violin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaaay! Thanks--I hope Tennyson would be as pleased as you! I worked harrrrd on it. :)

      Delete