Friday, August 3, 2012

Audio, Exercise, and What You Know

       The audiobook for Part II of The Umbrella is under way! It's still in the very first stages, so it will probably be a while, but hopefully the quality will be better. Keep an eye out for it.

     I sat most of the day. I was either writing, reading, playing piano, recording audio or eating (I stood up to eat my snack cause I felt so lazy). But I did get up early to run, and throughout the day I went up and down the stairs to take care of the guinea pigs and to dump a leak-catching bucket.

     My only comment on writing is that sometimes just starting to ask someone else for help makes you realize you already know the answer. I did that twice today when I couldn't figure out how to make the plot work. I asked my sister, "What should I do at this part, because Helen something-something..." And then I answered my own question and went to write again. Later I was really stuck and started to type a long message describing The Umbrella's storyline so my friend could give me ideas, but after it was two paragraphs long, I noticed that I was already planning how the problem would be resolved. Huh. What do you know? Maybe more than you think.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe when you voice your own question, you can look at it objectively and see the answer.

    ReplyDelete