Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy August!

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/ 
    After weeks and weeks of trudging through my writing, whatever was blocking me finally crumbled and got washed away. I wrote almost all day yesterday, changing positions every couple hours to keep my legs and arms from falling asleep. This is the most fun I've had writing since during school when I was writing about one-eyed Thibault (that was before I started The Well).

     I'm on a roll with the continuation of "The Umbrella" (just a short story for now). One thing that helps is that I have an audience to get feedback from after every section. Another thing is music. It blocks out distractions and helps me focus, especially when the mood matches. Also, I actually know what's going to happen next, and most of the kinks in the plot are straightening out. My 24 knowledge is serving me well, although having an FBI expert to  consult would be quite handy.

       Finally, my cast of characters is helping me. Besides borrowing Gwyneth Paltrow for Helen, Jeremy Renner for the umbrella man, Landon Donovan for Clyde, and Rhys Coiro for Toby, I've also borrowed a few people from work. They fit in, and they all *play well with others*. It's not a new idea to write people from real life into your story, but if I did it before, it never worked this well! I got up around 8:00 and got some of the things on my to-do list done, so I think I'll go write now...

*Tony Stark voice

2 comments:

  1. You're so fun! I'm glad your 24 knowledge is serving you well. We quite know what the courses of action should be in emergencies, don't we? Also, how did you make that footnote of Tony Stark voice? I don't know how to do that in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We know all about terrorist threats and national security problems and presidential pardons and all that.
      The footnote, I just did it manually by making the letters small.

      Delete