Friday, August 24, 2012

Skating

    I've been taking a lot of notes for classes, and I use these free pens I got from my university. They have flowy ink, so the points just slide along the page like...kind of like skating but softer. I write my lecture notes in a regular, cheap spiral bound notebook. The pages are kind of soft and springy when I'm on the front side (if I turn it over to the back, I'm writing against the stiff cardboard cover).

    I just noticed today how strangely much I enjoy those two feelings, of writing with the right kind of pen on the right kind of paper. And not just for notes. Even with fun writing I sometimes, no, a lot of times really dislike the process of thinking of what should happen next and putting what's in my brain down so I can read it. But actually skating things onto paper is fun, as long when I have something to write!

2 comments:

  1. I can TOTALLY relate! I will walk across the room for MY pen (G2, .07) or a mechanical (not wooden) pencil! ;) For tactile learners, like myself, taking notes is how I learn and therefore the mode for taking notes is a big part of the experience. Happy First Days of School! :)

    ReplyDelete